Junior Art Director
Cannonball is looking for an entry level art director with a talented eye, big ideas and an eager attitude to learn.
This entry-level position is designed for a creative individual who is eager, teachable and ready to dive deep into their clients’ brands. Employees that thrive at Cannonball are thinkers and doers – which means not only thinking about the next big idea, but also making it happen.
In this position, you will learn first-hand from some of the most respected and experienced art directors and creative directors in the market. You will assist these senior level creative leaders on day-to-day projects across print, digital, social and video projects. Basic video editing knowledge is a plus, but not required.
In return, Cannonball offers to opportunity to utilize and hone your talents at an independently-owned, creatively-driven shop, led and supported by people who share your love for a great idea and enthusiasm for creating.
We work on a variety of clients, from local and regional brands to Fortune 500 companies with national and global footprints.
We are currently operating a hybrid work schedule, with the option to work remotely 2 days a week.
Our culture is relaxed and open, we try not to take ourselves too seriously, and while a late night here or there isn’t out of the question, we believe our work gets better when it’s one thing in our lives—not the only thing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Support senior design team on day-to-day creative needs across a variety of media
- Assist with designing client and new business presentations
- Contribute original design and creative ideas
Ideal Candidates Should Possess The Following Minimum Qualifications:
- BFA in design, advertising or visual arts.
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Candidates that have at least 1+ year of relevant job experience (or substantial intern experience in an advertising agency) are preferred.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity working in a Mac environment
- A portfolio of work to share which includes a mix of projects and/or brands
- Solid communication skills including the ability to present information to coworkers (or clients) in a clear and concise manner.
Cannonball is an award-winning, independently owned ad agency headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Learn more about our agency at Cannonballagency.com.
Cannonball offers a competitive suite of benefits for our full-time employees, which currently includes health, dental, vision, disability, life, flex spending accounts and a 401(k) with matching fund.
If you meet these qualifications and have the design skill to match, send your resume and a pdf or website of work samples to Kris Hoelscher, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org